Sample Job Description: Information/Data Governance Analyst
Information/Data Governance Analyst
The main purpose of this position is to assist the information/data governance team in the formation and execution of data governance framework, policy, standards. This position assists in the implementation of an enterprise data governance program.
- Develop control structures within a simple environment to ensure the accuracy and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels.
- Provide thought leadership and participate with projects that involve any of the upstream or downstream data flows and processes.
- Ensure controls are in place over applications to ensure the data integrity by performing data integrity gap analysis.
- Coordinate the resolution of data integrity gaps by working with the business owners and IT.
- Work with business partners to gather and understand functional requirements, develop complex queries and provide reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong understanding of databases and data structures.
- Strong analytical and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate facilitation skills with the ability to drive issues to closure.
- Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with minimal supervision or questions.
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer service.
- Ability to write various documents such as functional requirements.
- Ability to compare technologies and make recommendations to senior members of the team.
- Understanding of privacy laws and regulations.
- Basic level proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Intermediate level proficiency with VBA.
- Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project, and Outlook.
- Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers with positive attitude.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 2+ years data quality or similar level data analysis experience required.
- 1+ years SQL and VBA experience required.
- 1+ years financial services experience required.