Foundation of Research and Education (FORE) Mission Statement
The Foundation of Research and Education of the American Health Information Management Association provides financial and intellectual resources to sustain and recognize continuous innovation and advances in health information management for the betterment of the profession, healthcare, and the public.
The Foundation achieves this mission by:
- raising funds to support Foundation initiatives
- identifying trends that impact health information management
- defining new directions for the profession
- guiding and encouraging professional development through research
- defining and identifying best practice
- recognizing excellence in the HIM profession
Through research, education, and public awareness initiatives the Foundation ensures the vitality, visibility and viability of the health information management profession.
|Source: AHIMA Board of Directors. FORE Mission Statement (approved 2001)|