ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Preview Exercises
Author: Ann Barta, MSA, RHIA
Description: ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS are on their way, and it is imperative that coding professionals be prepared for the transition to the new coding system. This workbook will prepare current coding professionals for the increased knowledge required by the implementation of ICD-10-CM/PCS and will prepare coding students for a smooth transition into the workplace.
The exercises in ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Preview Exercises give early adopters, consultants, and trainers a practical opportunity to familiarize themselves with the basic structure of ICD-10-CM/PCS and to understand how it is similar to and different from ICD-9-CM. This workbook is the perfect hands-on companion to the recently updated ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Preview, and together they provide an excellent tool-kit for anyone preparing for the transition to ICD-10-CM/PCS.
- Offers two levels of exercises to encourage understanding and mastery:
- Part 1 helps the experienced ICD-9-CM coder by asking for answers in both ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS codes; the robust solutions illustrate the changes between the codesets, identify code locations in the index and tabular volumes, compare the codes themselves, and specify the documentation needed for both codes.
- Part 2 reinforces ICD-10-CM/PCS knowledge by focusing exclusively on those codes and providing detailed rationales for every solution.
- 450 coding exercises with detailed solutions
- Exercises build on ICD-9-CM knowledge and transitions to ICD-10-CM/PCS mastery
- Solutions reflect the latest update to the ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines
ISBN # : 9781584262398
Publisher : AHIMA Press
Copyright : 2010
Click here for information about ordering this book.